02 May 2021

New Royal Wolf 48ft

It's safe to say it has been a little busy in the household since December, and as such, not a single post so far for 2021!  This is easily the longest drought of posting since I started blogging way back in March 2010, but hopefully I can turn that around for the rest of the year.  

It also hasn't helped that the weather has been pretty poor, trains have been a bit thin due to major track closures after severe weather events, and in general, the rail scene in my area has not been all that inspiring.    

I have had a pretty busy April, with plenty of trains in good lighting, and have noted quite a number of fresh containers running around, so I thought I might start these next few posts with some of the new containers hitting the tracks.  

This one is a Royal Wolf 48ft general purpose dry box.  While all the previously ones have been blue, these have come out grey.  They appear to be identical to the new Linfox 48ft boxes getting around, and feature the container size marked on the side.  There seems to be at least 10 or so of these in traffic.  This one is RWTU 922146-1

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment